In observance of Independence Day, we will be closed on Monday, July 4th, 2016. All Website orders placed after 3pm (PST) Friday July 1st, will be shipped on Tuesday, July 5th. Thank You and have a Safe and Happy 4th!
This trees and shrubs drip irrigation kit contains everything you will need to go from hose bibb (faucet) to your trees. The drip irrigation kit waters up to 10 trees or shrubs. 1/2" drip emitter tubing creates "water rings" around trees and plants. The number of tress and plants that can be watered with each drip irrigation kit is an estimate based on the linear feet of drip emitter tubing in the drip irrigation kits. Note that large trees may require more than one ring around the tree for adequate watering. If you want to automate your tree drip irrigation system, a Drip Pro Water timer (DD-DWT673) can be purchased separately.
Maximum Flow Rate Required when the tree drip irrigation kit is fully installed (all soaker hose): 100 gph.
Need more of a particular item? Click the KIT PARTS tab above to add them to your cart.
Included in the Kit:
|1||3/4" Hose Thread Vacuum Breaker - Anti-Siphon Backflow Preventer - Plastic||DD-HVB|
|1||Y Filter 3/4" Female Hose Swivel x Male Hose 150 Mesh Stainless Steel Screen||DD-YS75HFM|
|1||Pressure Regulator 25 PSI - Hose Threaded 3/4" FHT x 3/4" MHT - High Quality Model||DD-HPR25-HQ|
|1||Direct-Loc Swivel Adapter .600 ID DL x 3/4" FHT Swivel - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-FHS600|
|2||Direct-Loc Elbow .600 ID DL x DL - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-L600|
|10||Direct-Loc Tee .600 ID - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-T600|
|2||Direct-Loc Coupling .600" ID - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-C600|
|15||Figure 8 End of Line Plug - 1/2" .620" .700" .710" Tubing - Drip Irrigation||DD-F8|
|1||1/2" x 100' .700 OD Poly Tubing - 100' Roll||DD-DH700-100|
|1||1/2" x 100' Soaker Hose Dripline 12" Spacing 1 GPH PC In-Line Drip Irrigation Emitters - Black Soaker Hose||DD-DET700-1012-100|
|3||Drip Irrigation Tubing Hold Down 8" Wire Stake "J Style" fits 1/8" to 3/4" tubing - 10 Pack||DD-S8-10|
Drip Irrigation Kit Installation Manual
Drip Irrigation Kit for Trees & Shrubs
- Medium Kit: 10 Trees/Shrubs (DK-TSM)
- Large Kit: 20 Trees/Shrubs (DK-TSL)
This trees and shrubs drip irrigation kit contains everything you will need to go from hose bibb (faucet) to watering trees or large shrubs. The Trees & Shrubs drip irrigation kits utilize 1/2” drip emitter tubing to create watering “rings” around each plant. The number of plants that can be watered with each trees and shrubs drip irrigation kit is an estimate based on the linear feet of drip emitter tubing in the drip irrigation kits. Note that large trees may require more than one ring around the tree for adequate watering. If you want to automate your tree drip irrigation system, a Drip Pro Water timer (DD-DWT673) can be purchased separately.
Maximum Flow Rate Required when kit is fully installed (all soaker hose): Medium Kit: 100 gph, Medium Kit: 200 gph
You will attach a Hose Vacuum Breaker, Filter, and Pressure Regulator to the faucet or garden hose. The supply line is 1/2” Solid Drip Tubing and is installed beside the trees/shrubs. You will use a Direct-Loc Tee to branch out with a ring of 1/2” Drip Emitter Tubing around the tree/shrub. The tubing is capped off with a Figure 8.
Roll the tubing out in the sun to soften. Weigh it down and let the sun heat the tubing. This will make it easier to work with.
Step one: Connecting to the Hose Bibb
- Screw the Hose Vacuum Breaker (DD-HVB) onto the hose bibb. Note: If you have purchased an optional Drip Pro Water timer (DD-DWT673) screw it onto the hose bibb first. Then attach the Hose Vacuum Breaker to the Water Timer.
- Screw the Filter (DD-YS75HFM) onto the Hose Vacuum Breaker.
- Screw the Regulator (DD-HPR30) onto the Filter.
- Screw the Direct-Loc Swivel Adapter (DL-FHS600) onto the regulator.
Step Two: From the Hose Bibb to the Trees/Shrubs
- Attach 1/2” Drip Tubing (DD-DH700) to the 1/2” swivel adapter and run along the trees/shrubs.
- Use 1/2” Direct-Loc Elbows (DL-L600) to make 90 degree turns as needed. It is best to run the tubing as close to the trees as possible.
- Stake the tubing in place loosely with Wire Stakes (DD-S8).
- Turn on the water and FLUSH THE LINE until all lines are clear of debris.
- Install the Figure 8 End Line Plugs (DD-F8) at the end of the drip tubing. Just slide one hole onto the end of the tubing, bend the tubing back, and slide the other hole over the end of the pipe.
- Use Direct-Loc Couplers (DD-C600) to connect 1/2" solid drip tubing or for repairs in 1/2” tubing that goof plugs can’t handle.
Step Three: Installing Drip Emitter Tubing
Drip Emitter tubing has emitters inside the tubing at set intervals. It provides a consistent ring of water around trees and shrubs within the root zone of the plant. The max run: 450 feet.
- Cut the solid tubing at each tree and reconnect it with a Direct-Loc Tee (DL-T600), so that the open end of the tee points toward the tree/shrub. The drip emitter tubing will connect to the open end.
- Insert the 1/2” Drip Emitter Tubing (DD-DET700-1012-100) into the tee and make a loop or ring around the tree within the “drip zone” outlined by the furthermost leaves of the tree/shrub. Large trees may require two rings around the tree for adequate watering.
- Secure the drip emitter tubing in place with 8” Wire Stakes (DD-S8).
- Add a Figure 8 (DD-F8) to the end of the drip emitter tubing.
- Turn on your system and check for water output.
If you live where it freezes, it is a good idea to drain the water from your drip lines and the components connected to the water source. Here’s how:
- Turn off the hose bibb.
- If you have a hose-end timer installed, let the system run through a watering cycle. This will open the timer and let any remaining water drain out of the timer and other components & into the drip tubing.
- If you do not have a timer installed, unscrew the drip system from the hose bibb for a few minutes to let air into the line. Reattach the line after a minute or two.
- Note: We do not recommend blowing compressed air though a drip system.
FLUSH THE LINE ANUALLY
Since drip systems operate at low pressures, sediment can settle in the line over time.
- Flush the line annually by unscrewing the end cap at the end of the line.
- Check filter screen for debris and clean if necessary.
- Turn on the hose bibb until the water runs clear from the end of the line.
- Replace the cap.
- Turn on the hose bibb and check the entire system for leaks.
REPAIR BREAKS & LEAKS
- Small holes in the line can be plugged with a goof plug.
- For larger breaks or holes in the 1/4” drip tubing, make a clean cut around the damaged area and reconnect the lines with a 1/4” barbed connector (DD-C250).
- For larger breaks or holes in the 1/2” drip tubing, make a clean cut around the damaged area and reconnect the lines with a 1/2” Direct-Loc Coupling (DL-C600).
DRIP IRRIGATION TUTORIALS
Irrigation Direct Limited Warranty
Irrigation Direct warrants to the original purchaser that the Irrigation Direct Product(s) is/are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. The warranty coverage lasts for a period of three (3) years starting from the date of purchase. For details visit our warranty page.
The Irrigation Direct Guarantee
Our 100% satisfaction guarantee ensures that every item you purchase at Irrigation Direct meets your high standards—or you can return it for a replacement or refund. We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on the Irrigation Direct website. If you're ever dissatisfied with an item, contact us to return or exchange it.
- Waters up to 10 trees or large shrubs
- Connects to a hose bibb (faucet, spigot): All componets included.
- Y Filter with stainles steel screen
- 100 feet of 1/2" drip emitter tubing (12" spacing, 1 gph)
- Direct-Loc elbows, tees, couplers, & swivel adapter are removable and reusable
- Need more of a particular item? Click the KIT PARTS tab above to add them to your cart.
Drip Works Heart of The Garden Kit & Tree & Shrub Add On Kit
All of the items below are included in the kit. If you need more of any particular item, you can add them to your cart from the list below.
Volume discounts 1 - 24 $2.50 25 - 99 $2.25 100 + $1.75
Part #: DD-YS75HFM
Volume discounts 1 - 5 $9.90 6 - 39 $7.50 40 - 399 $6.30 400 + $5.88
Part #: DD-HPR25-HQ
Volume discounts 1 - 11 $6.90 12 - 39 $6.25 40 + $5.00
Volume discounts 1 - 4 $1.20 5 - 24 $0.85 25 - 99 $0.75 100 + $0.65
Part #: DL-L600
Volume discounts 1 - 4 $1.00 5 - 24 $0.85 25 - 99 $0.75 100 + $0.65
Part #: DL-T600
Volume discounts 1 - 4 $1.50 5 - 24 $1.30 25 - 99 $1.20 100 + $1.00
Part #: DL-C600
Volume discounts 1 - 24 $0.60 25 - 99 $0.50 100 + $0.38
Volume discounts 1 - 24 $0.25 25 - 99 $0.22 100 - 999 $0.15 1000 + $0.10
Part #: DD-DH700-100
Part #: DD-DET700-1012-100
Volume discounts 1 - 2 $31.50 3 + $29.50
Part #: DD-S8-10
Volume discounts 1 - 9 $2.04 10 - 49 $1.68 50 + $1.44
(note: the quantities above are not the same as the quantities included in the kit, see the "overview" tab to see the quantities that are already included)
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
$29.90 - $34.90