This drip irrigation watering kit is designed for a small garden. Waters up to 20 plants. Uses one 1/2" main line with 1/4" lateral lines and 20 individual pressure-compensating drip emitters. The number of plants that can be watered with each kit is an estimate based on the total number of drip emitters provided in the kit. Larger plants should get two drip emitters. If you want to automate your drip system, a Drip Water Timer (DD-DWT673) can be purchased separately.
Maximum Flow Rate Required when kit is fully installed (all drippers): 10 gph.
Need more of a particular item? Click the KIT PARTS tab above to add them to your cart.
Included in the Kit:
|1||3/4" Hose Thread Vacuum Breaker - Anti-Siphon Backflow Preventer - Plastic||DD-HVB|
|1||Hose Inline Filter 3/4" Female Hose x Male Hose 120 Mesh Poly Screen||DD-HIF75|
|1||Pressure Regulator 25 PSI - Hose Threaded 3/4" FHT x 3/4" MHT - High Quality Model||DD-HPR25-HQ|
|1||Direct-Loc Swivel Adapter .600 ID DL x 3/4" FHT Swivel - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-FHS600|
|1||Direct-Loc Elbow .600 ID DL x DL - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-L600|
|1||Direct-Loc Tee .600 ID - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-T600|
|1||Direct-Loc Coupling .600" ID - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-C600|
|1||Direct-Loc End Cap .600 ID DL x 3/4" MHT w/ Cap - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-EC600|
|1||1/2" x 50' .700 OD Poly Tubing - 50' Roll||DD-DH700-50|
|1||1/4" x 50' Poly Micro Tubing (PE) - 50' Roll||DD-DH250-50|
|1||Deluxe Hole Punch for 1/4" Barbed Fittings & Drippers - Drip Irrigation||DD-HP250|
|10||1/4" Barbed Connector - Drip Irrigation||DD-C250|
|10||1/4" Barbed Tee - Drip Irrigation||DD-T250|
|10||Goof Plug - Dual End 1/4" & 1/8" - Drip Irrigation||DD-GP|
|20||1/2 GPH Pressure Compensating Drip Irrigation Emitter - Turbo Style Dripper||DD-TC5|
|10||Micro Tubing Holder Stake 6" - Multiple sizes .167" to .350" OD - Drip Irrigation||DD-S2|
|1||Drip Irrigation Tubing Hold Down 8" Wire Stake "J Style" fits 1/8" to 3/4" tubing - 10 Pack||DD-S8-10|
Drip Irrigation Kit Installation Manual
Drip Irrigation Kit for Vegetable Gardens
- Starter Kit: 20 Plants (DK-VGS)
- Medium Kit: 150 Plants (DK-VGM)
- Large Kit: 300 Plants (DK-VGL)
- Extra Large Kit: 350 Plants (DK-VGXL)
This kit contains everything you will need to go from hose bibb (faucet) and into to your vegetable garden. The starter kit is designed for a small garden and uses individual drip emitters. The larger kits use a combination of individual drip emitters and drip emitter tubing. The number of plants that can be watered with each kit is an estimate based on the total number of drip emitters provided in the kit, both individually and within the emitter tubing. Larger plants should get two drip emitters. If you want to automate your drip system, a Hose Timer can be purchased separately.
Maximum Flow Rate Required when kit is fully installed (all drippers & soaker hose): Starter Kit: 10 gph, Medium Kit: 75 gph, Large Kit: 150 gph, Extra Large Kit: 250 gph
You will attach a Hose Vacuum Breaker, Filter, and Pressure Regulator to the faucet or garden hose. The supply line is 1/2” Solid Drip Tubing and is run into the garden. Small plants will get one 1/2 gph drip emitter. Larger plants (or vegetables requiring more water) should get two 1/2 gph emitters or one 1 gph emitter. We’ve included stakes for the 1/4” and 1/2” tubing. 1/2” Flow Control Valves allow you to adjust (or shut off) the water flow to sections of 1/2” main line tubing.
Roll the tubing out in the sun to soften. Weigh it down and let the sun heat the tubing. This will make it easier to work with.
Step one: Connecting to the Hose Bibb
- Screw the Hose Vacuum Breaker (DD-HVB) onto the faucet. Note: If you have purchased an optional Hose Timer, screw it onto the Y Ball Valve first. Then attach the Hose Vacuum Breaker to the Hose End Timer.
- Screw the Filter (DD-HIF75) onto the Hose Vacuum Breaker.
- Screw the Regulator (DD-HPR25-HQ) onto the Filter.
- Screw the 1/2” Swivel Adapter (DL-FHS600) onto the regulator.
Step Two: From the Hose Bibb to the Vegetable Garden
- Attach 1/2” Drip Tubing (DD-DH700) to the 1/2” swivel adapter and run it to the vegetable garden.
- Use 1/2” Direct-Loc Elbows (DL-L600) to make 90 degree turns and 1/2” Direct-Loc Tees (DL-T600) to create lateral lines as needed.
- Add Direct-Loc Threaded End Caps (DL-EC600) to the ends of 1/2” drip tubing. Leave the caps off for flushing.
Step Three: Installing Drip Emitters
- Run the 1/2” drip tubing as close to the plants as possible.
- Secure the drip tubing in place with 8” Wire Stakes (DD-S8).
- If your kit contains a 1/2" Flow Control Valve (DD-FCV700), insert it into the 1/2" poly tubing wherever you want to be able to control (or shut off) the water to a section of your drip system.
- At each plant use the hole punch (DD-HP250) to poke a hole in the 1/2” tubing and insert a 1/4” barbed elbow (DD-L250) or 1/4” barbed connector (DD-C250).
- Cut a length of tubing that will run from the 1/4” barbed fitting to the plant and push it over the end of the barbed fitting.
- Stake the 1/4” tubing in place with a Micro Tubing Holder Stake (DD-S2). Complete this step for each plant before moving on to the next step. Turn on the water and FLUSH THE LINE until all lines are clear of debris. Replace the 1/2” threaded end caps at the ends of the 1/2” drip tubing.
- After flushing the lines, insert a Pressure Compensating Emitter (DD-TC5, DD-TC10) into each micro tube. NOTE: The barb with the sharper point goes into the end of the tubing.
- 1/4” Connectors can also be used to connect lengths of 1/4” tubing. Damaged tubing can be repaired by making clean cuts and then connecting with a 1/4” connector.
- Goof Plugs (DD-GP) are used to plug holes in 1/2" drip poly tubing or cap off 1/4" micro tubing.
- The Direct-Loc Coupling (DL-C600) is used to connect 1/2" solid drip tubing or for repairs in 1/2” tubing that goof plugs can’t handle.
- Turn on your system and check each emitter for water output. The idea is for each plant to receive enough water during the same time period.
Step Four: Installing Drip Emitter Tubing (VGM, VGL, VGXL)
Drip Emitter tubing has emitters inside the tubing at set intervals. It is often used for row crops and raised beds. For shorter rows and smaller planting areas, use 1/4” drip emitter tubing. The maximum run length for this 1/4” drip emitter tubing is 33 linear feet.
1/4” Drip Emitter Tubing (DD-DET250-12-100)
- Run 1/2” solid tubing along one side of the area to be watered and cap it off with a Direct-Loc End Cap (DL-EC600).
- Poke a hole in the solid tubing and insert a 1/4" connector or 1/4" elbow. For even coverage in a planter box, we recomend spacing the rows of drip emitter tubing 10" - 12" apart.
- Connect the 1/4” drip emitter tubing to the barbed fitting. Tip: Cut every other length of drip emitter tubing so that the emitters are staggered, forming a triangle pattern. This provides better coverage.
- Insert a Goof Plug (DD-GP) into the end of the 1/4” drip emitter tubing. You have extra goof plugs to cap off additional sections of 1/4” tubing and plug holes in 1/2” drip tubing (if needed).
- Secure the drip emitter tubing in place with 8” Wire Stakes (DD-S8).
- Insert a 1/2” Flow Control Valve (DD-FCV700) to 1/2” solid tubing wherever you wish to adjust flow rate through the tubing or shut off a section when not in use.
1/2” Drip Emitter Tubing (DD-DET700-1012-100)
- Run 1/2” drip emitter tubing wherever you have row plants requiring water at 12” intervals. Cap it off with a Direct-Loc End Cap
- Secure the drip emitter tubing in place with 8” Wire Stakes (DD-S8).
- Add a 1/2” Flow Control Valve (DD-FCV700) to your 1/2” solid tubing wherever you wish to adjust flow rate through the tubing or shut off a section when not in use.
- If you live where it freezes, it is a good idea to drain the water from your drip lines and the components connected to the water source. Here’s how:
- Turn off the hose bibb.
- If you have a hose-end timer installed, let the system run through a watering cycle. This will open the timer and let any remaining water drain out of the timer and other components & into the drip tubing.
- If you do not have a timer installed, unscrew the drip system from the hose bibb for a few minutes to let air into the line. Reattach the line after a minute or two.
- Note: We do not recommend blowing compressed air though a drip system.
FLUSH THE LINE ANUALLY
Since drip systems operate at low pressures, sediment can settle in the line over time.
- Flush the line annually by unscrewing the end cap at the end of the line.
- Check filter screen for debris and clean if necessary.
- Turn on the hose bibb until the water runs clear from the end of the line.
- Replace the cap.
- Turn on the hose bibb and check the entire system for leaks.
REPAIR BREAKS & LEAKS
- Small holes in the line can be plugged with a goof plug.
- For larger breaks or holes in the 1/4” drip tubing, make a clean cut around the damaged area and reconnect the lines with a 1/4” barbed connector (DD-C250).
- For larger breaks or holes in the 1/2” drip tubing, make a clean cut around the damaged area and reconnect the lines with a 1/2” Direct-Loc coupling (DL-C600).
DRIP IRRIGATION TUTORIALS
Irrigation Direct Limited Warranty
Irrigation Direct warrants to the original purchaser that the Irrigation Direct Product(s) is/are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. The warranty coverage lasts for a period of three (3) years starting from the date of purchase. For details visit our warranty page.
The Irrigation Direct Guarantee
Our 100% satisfaction guarantee ensures that every item you purchase at Irrigation Direct meets your high standards—or you can return it for a replacement or refund. We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on the Irrigation Direct website. If you're ever dissatisfied with an item, contact us to return or exchange it.
- Waters up to 20 plants
- Connects to a hose bibb (faucet, spigot): All components included.
- 1/2" drip tubing mainline
- 1/4" lateral lines
- 20 pressure-compensating emitters
- Deluxe Hole Punch included
- Direct-Loc elbow, tee, coupler, end cap, & swivel adapter are removable and reusable
- A Drip WaterTimer (DD-DWT673) can be purchased separately.
- Need more of a particular item? Click the KIT PARTS tab above to add them to your cart.
Basic Drip Irrigation Kit for Vegetable Gardens, Drip Depot 111
All of the items below are included in the kit. If you need more of any particular item, you can add them to your cart from the list below.
Volume discounts 1 - 24 $2.50 25 - 99 $2.25 100 + $1.75
Out of stock
Part #: DD-HIF75
Volume discounts 1 - 9 $4.68 10 - 24 $4.08 25 - 199 $3.48 200 + $3.18
Part #: DD-HPR25-HQ
Volume discounts 1 - 11 $6.90 12 - 39 $6.25 40 + $5.00
Volume discounts 1 - 4 $1.20 5 - 24 $0.85 25 - 99 $0.75 100 + $0.65
Part #: DL-L600
Volume discounts 1 - 4 $1.00 5 - 24 $0.85 25 - 99 $0.75 100 + $0.65
Part #: DL-T600
Volume discounts 1 - 4 $1.50 5 - 24 $1.30 25 - 99 $1.20 100 + $1.00
Part #: DL-C600
Volume discounts 1 - 24 $0.60 25 - 99 $0.50 100 + $0.38
Part #: DL-EC600
Volume discounts 1 - 24 $0.65 25 - 99 $0.55 100 + $0.50
Part #: DD-DH700-50
Part #: DD-DH250-50
Volume discounts 1 - 4 $3.90 5 - 24 $3.30 25 - 99 $2.70 100 + $2.25
Part #: DD-C250
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.11 50 - 99 $0.08 100 - 999 $0.06 1000 + $0.05
Part #: DD-T250
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.10 50 - 99 $0.08 100 - 999 $0.06 1000 + $0.05
Part #: DD-GP
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.07 50 - 99 $0.06 100 - 999 $0.05 1000 - 9999 $0.04 10000 + $0.03
Volume discounts 1 - 99 $0.31 100 - 999 $0.24 1000 - 2999 $0.20 3000 + $0.18
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.20 50 - 99 $0.18 100 - 999 $0.12 1000 + $0.10
Part #: DD-S8-10
Volume discounts 1 - 9 $2.04 10 - 49 $1.68 50 + $1.44
(note: the quantities above are not the same as the quantities included in the kit, see the "overview" tab to see the quantities that are already included)
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
$29.90 - $34.90