This drip irrigation kit contains everything you will need to go from hose bibb (faucet) to your plants. Waters up to 50 plants. Take-Apart Flag Emitters attach directly to 1/2" solid tubing. The number of plants is an estimate based on each container receiving one drip emitter. Larger plants should get two drip emitters. If you want to automate your drip system, a Drip Water Timer (DD-DWT673) can be purchased separately.
Maximum Flow Rate Required when kit is fully installed (all drippers): 50 gph
Need more of a particular item? Click the KIT PARTS tab above to add them to your cart.
Included in the Kit:
|1||3/4" Hose Thread Vacuum Breaker - Anti-Siphon Backflow Preventer - Plastic||DD-HVB|
|1||Y Filter 3/4" Female Hose Swivel x Male Hose 150 Mesh Stainless Steel Screen||DD-YS75HFM|
|1||Pressure Regulator 25 PSI - Hose Threaded 3/4" FHT x 3/4" MHT - High Quality Model||DD-HPR25-HQ|
|1||Direct-Loc Swivel Adapter .600 ID DL x 3/4" FHT Female Hose Thread Swivel - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-FHS600|
|2||Direct-Loc Tee .600 ID - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-T600|
|1||Direct-Loc Coupling .600" ID - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-C600|
|1||Direct-Loc End Cap .600 ID DL x 3/4" MHT w/ Cap - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-EC600|
|5||Figure 8 End of Line Plug - 1/2" .620" .700" .710" Tubing||DD-F8|
|1||1/2" x 100' .700 OD Poly Tubing - 100' Roll||DD-DH700-100|
|1||Deluxe Hole Punch for 1/4" Barbed Fittings & Drippers||DD-HP250|
|1||1/4" x 50' Poly Micro Tubing (PE) - 50' Roll||DD-DH250-50|
|50||1 GPH Non Pressure Compensating Take Apart Drip Flag Emitter - Flag Dripper||DD-TAE10|
|10||Goof Plug - Dual End 1/4" & 1/8"||DD-GP|
|50||1/4" Bug Plug for 1/4" Micro Tubing||DD-BP250|
|20||Micro Tubing Holder Stake 6" - Multiple sizes .167" to .350" OD||DD-S2|
|1||Drip Tubing Hold Down 8" Wire Stake "J Style" fits 1/8" to 3/4" tubing - 10 Pack||DD-S8-10|
Drip Irrigation Kit Installation Manual
Drip Irrigation Kit for Individual Plants
- Starter Kit: 50 Plants (DK-IPS)
- Medium Kit: 100 Plants (DK-IPM)
- Large Kit: 150 Plants (DK-IPL)
- Extra Large Kit: 200 Plants (DK-IPXL)
This kit contains everything you will need to go from hose bibb (faucet) to your plants. Most of the kits in this group feature our popular Take Apart Flag Emitter and are designed to attach directly to the 1/2” drip tubing. The Extra Large Kit features our Deluxe Pressure-Compensating Emitters which are best used when there are changes in elevation. The number of plants that can be watered with each kit is an estimate based on the total number of drip emitters provided in the kit. Larger plants should get two drip emitters. If you want to automate your drip system, a Hose Timer can be purchased separately.
Maximum Flow Rate Required when kit is fully installed (all drippers): Starter Kit: 50 gph, Medium Kit: 100 gph, Large Kit: 150 gph, Extra Large Kit: 200 gph
You will attach a Hose Vacuum Breaker, Filter, and Pressure Regulator to the faucet or garden hose. The supply line is 1/2” Solid Drip Tubing and is run next to your landscape plants. Small plants will get one 1 gph drip emitter. Larger plants should get two 1 gph emitters. Trees will likely require 4 or more emitters. We’ve included stakes for the 1/4” and 1/2” tubing.
Roll the tubing out in the sun to soften. Weigh it down and let the sun heat the tubing. This will make it easier to work with.
Step one: Connecting to the Hose Bibb
- Screw the Hose Vacuum Breaker (DD-HVB) onto the faucet. Note: If you have purchased an optional Hose Timer screw it onto the Y Ball Valve first. Then attach the Hose Vacuum Breaker to the Hose End Timer.
- Screw the Filter (DD-YS75HFM) onto the Hose Vacuum Breaker.
- Screw the Regulator (DD-HPR25-HQ) onto the Filter.
- Screw the Direct-Loc Swivel Adapter (DL-FHS600) onto the regulator.
Step Two: From the Hose Bibb to the Individual Plants
- Attach 1/2” Drip Tubing (DD-DH700) to the 1/2” swivel adapter and snake it in between your plants. It’s a good idea to run it as close to each plant as possible.
- Secure the drip tubing in place with 8” Wire Stakes (DD-S8).
- Use 1/2” Direct-Loc Tees (DL-T600) to create lateral lines as needed.
- Add Direct-Loc Threaded End Caps (DL-EC600) to the ends of 1/2” drip tubing. Leave the caps off for flushing. Your kit may also have Figure 8 Line Ends (DD-F8) which crimps off the ends of 1/2” tubing.
- Turn on the water and FLUSH THE LINE until all lines are clear of debris.
- Replace the 1/2” threaded end caps at the ends of the 1/2” drip tubing.
Step Three: Installing Drip Emitters
- At each plant use the hole punch (DD-HP250) to poke a hole in the 1/2” tubing.
- Insert the Take-Apart Flag Emitter (DD-TAE10) or Deluxe Pressure Compensating Emitter (DD-PCE10) directly into the 1/2” tubing.
- If the plant is farther away from the 1/2” tubing, add a piece of 1/4” solid micro tubing (DD-DH250) to run from the emitter to the plant. Cut the tubing with scissors and push it onto the barb nearest the “flag”.
- Insert a bug plug (DD-BP250) into the open end of the tubing and stake it next to the plant with a micro tubing stake (DD-S2) or a wire stake (DD-S8). The bug plug lets water flow out of the tubing but keeps bugs from crawling inside.
- Turn on your system and check each emitter for water output. The idea is for each plant to receive enough water during the same time period.
- Goof Plugs (DD-GP) are used to plug holes in 1/2" drip poly tubing or cap off 1/4" micro tubing.
- The Direct-Loc Coupling (DL-C600) is used to connect 1/2" solid drip tubing or for repairs in 1/2” tubing that goof plugs can’t handle.
If you live where it freezes, it is a good idea to drain the water from your drip lines and the components connected to the water source. Here’s how:
- Turn off the hose bibb.
- If you have a hose-end timer installed, let the system run through a watering cycle. This will open the timer and let any remaining water drain out of the timer and other components & into the drip tubing.
- If you do not have a timer installed, unscrew the drip system from the hose bibb for a few minutes to let air into the line. Reattach the line after a minute or two.
- Note: We do not recommend blowing compressed air though a drip system.
FLUSH THE LINE ANUALLY
Since drip systems operate at low pressures, sediment can settle in the line over time.
- Flush the line annually by pulling out the goof plug at the end of the line or cutting it off and replacing after flushing.
- Check filter screen for debris and clean if necessary.
- Turn on the hose bibb until the water runs clear from the end of the line.
- Replace the goof plug.
- Turn on the hose bibb and check the entire system for leaks.
REPAIR BREAKS & LEAKS
- Small holes in the line can be plugged with a goof plug.
- For larger breaks or holes in the drip tubing, make a clean cut around the damaged area.
- Reconnect the lines with a 1/4” barbed connector.
DRIP IRRIGATION TUTORIALS
Irrigation Direct Limited Warranty
Irrigation Direct warrants to the original purchaser that the Irrigation Direct Product(s) is/are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. The warranty coverage lasts for a period of three (3) years starting from the date of purchase. For details visit our warranty page.
The Irrigation Direct Guarantee
Our 100% satisfaction guarantee ensures that every item you purchase at Irrigation Direct meets your high standards—or you can return it for a replacement or refund. We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on the Irrigation Direct website. If you're ever dissatisfied with an item, contact us to return or exchange it.
- Waters up to 50 plants
- Connects to a hose bibb (faucet, spigot): All components included.
- 1/2" drip tubing mainline
- 1/4" feeder lines to individual plants
- 50 Take-Apart Flag Emitters
- Deluxe Hole Punch included
- Direct-Loc tees, couplers, end caps, & swivel adapter are removable and reusable
- A Drip Water Timer (DD-DWT673) can be purchased separately.
- Need more of a particular item? Click the KIT PARTS tab above to add them to your cart.
Drip Works Heart of The Garden Kit & Individual Plant - Add on Kit
All of the items below are included in the kit. If you need more of any particular item, you can add them to your cart from the list below.
Volume discounts 1 - 24 $2.50 25 - 99 $2.25 100 + $1.75
Part #: DD-YS75HFM
Volume discounts 1 - 5 $8.50 6 - 39 $6.25 40 - 399 $5.25 400 + $4.90
Part #: DD-HPR25-HQ
Volume discounts 1 - 11 $6.90 12 - 39 $6.25 40 + $5.00
Part #: DL-FHS600
Volume discounts 1 - 4 $1.00 5 - 24 $0.85 25 - 99 $0.75 100 + $0.65
Part #: DL-T600
Volume discounts 1 - 4 $1.50 5 - 24 $1.30 25 - 99 $1.20 100 + $1.00
Part #: DL-C600
Volume discounts 1 - 24 $0.60 25 - 99 $0.50 100 + $0.38
Part #: DL-EC600
Volume discounts 1 - 24 $0.65 25 - 99 $0.55 100 + $0.50
Volume discounts 1 - 24 $0.25 25 - 99 $0.18 100 - 999 $0.10 1000 + $0.07
Part #: DD-DH700-100
Part #: DD-HP250
Volume discounts 1 - 4 $3.90 5 - 24 $3.30 25 - 99 $2.70 100 + $2.25
Part #: DD-DH250-50
Volume discounts 1 - 99 $0.15 100 - 999 $0.13 1000 - 2999 $0.11 3000 + $0.10
Part #: DD-GP
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.06 50 - 99 $0.05 100 - 999 $0.04 1000 - 9999 $0.03 10000 + $0.02
Part #: DD-BP250
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.08 50 - 199 $0.07 200 - 999 $0.06 1000 + $0.04
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.17 50 - 99 $0.15 100 - 999 $0.11 1000 + $0.08
Volume discounts 1 - 9 $1.70 10 - 49 $1.40 50 + $1.20
(note: the quantities above are not the same as the quantities included in the kit, see the "overview" tab to see the quantities that are already included)
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
$24.90 - $29.90