Note: Based on 4 ft. x 8 ft. raised planter boxes
This raised bed drip irrigation kit contains everything you will need to go from hose bibb (faucet) into your raised garden beds. Waters up to 3 boxes and 10 plants. Each raised bed drip irrigation kit uses a combination of drip emitters and drip emitter tubing. The number of boxes & plants that can be watered with each raised bed drip irrigation kit is an estimate based on the total number of drip emitters & feet of emitter tubing provided in the kit. If you want to automate your raised bed drip irrigation system, a Hose End Timer (DD-DWT673) can be purchased separately.
You are not limited to 4 ft x 8 ft boxes, but keep in mind that the maximum run for the 12” emitter spacing is 33 feet.
Maximum Flow Rate Required when kit is fully installed (all drippers and soaker hose): 55 gph
Need more of a particular item? Click the KIT PARTS tab above to add them to your cart.
Included in the Kit:
|1||Y Ball Valve (2 outlets) 3/4" Female Hose x 3/4" Male Hose||DD-YBV75|
|1||3/4" Hose Thread Vacuum Breaker - Anti-Siphon Backflow Preventer - Plastic||DD-HVB|
|1||Y Filter 3/4" Female Hose Swivel x Male Hose 150 Mesh Stainless Steel Screen||DD-YS75HFM|
|1||Pressure Regulator 20 PSI - Hose Threaded 3/4" FHT x 3/4" MHT - Economy Model||DD-HPR20|
|1||Direct-Loc Swivel Adapter .600 ID DL x 3/4" FHT Female Hose Thread Swivel - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-FHS600|
|4||Direct-Loc Elbow .600 ID DL x DL - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-L600|
|1||Direct-Loc Tee .600 ID - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-T600|
|1||Direct-Loc Coupling .600" ID - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-C600|
|4||Direct-Loc End Cap .600 ID DL x 3/4" MHT w/ Cap - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-EC600|
|1||1/2" x 50' .700 OD Poly Tubing - 50' Roll||DD-DH700-50|
|10||1/2" Tubing Mounting Clamp with Nail - Black||DD-MC700B|
|1||Deluxe Hole Punch for 1/4" Barbed Fittings & Drippers||DD-HP250|
|20||1/4" Barbed Connector||DD-C250|
|20||1/4" Barbed Elbow||DD-L250|
|10||1/4" Barbed Tee||DD-T250|
|1||1/4" x 50' Poly Micro Tubing (PE) - 50' Roll||DD-DH250-50|
|1||1/4" x 100' Soaker Hose Dripline 12" Spacing 1/2 GPH Dripline Irrigation Emitters - Black Tubing||DD-DET250-12-100|
|20||Goof Plug - Dual End 1/4" & 1/8"||DD-GP|
|10||1/2 GPH Pressure Compensating Dripper-Emitter - Self Piercing Barb x 1/4" Barb Outlet||DD-PCP5|
|10||Micro Tubing Holder Stake 6" - Multiple sizes .167" to .350" OD||DD-S2|
|3||Drip Tubing Hold Down 8" Wire Stake "J Style" fits 1/8" to 3/4" tubing - 10 Pack||DD-S8-10|
Drip Irrigation Kit Installation Manual
Drip Irrigation Kit Raised Bed Gardening
□ Starter Kit: 3 boxes + 10 Plants (DK-BGS)
□ Medium Kit: 6 boxes + 20 Plants (DK-BGM)
□ Large Kit: 6 boxes + 30 Plants (DK-BGL)
□ Extra Large Kit: 9 boxes + 40 Plants (DK-BGXL)
□ Jumbo Kit: 12 boxes + 50 Plants (DK-BGJO)
Based on 4 ft. x 8 ft. raised planter boxes
This drip irrigation kit contains everything you will need to go from your hose bibb (faucet) into your raised garden beds. Each raised bed drip irrigation kit uses a combination of drip emitters and drip emitter tubing. The number of plants that can be watered with each raised bed drip irrigation kit is an estimate based on the number of drip emitters provided in the kit. The number of 4 ft x 8 ft raised beds that can be watered is based on the linear feet of emitter tubing provided and spacing the tubing rows about 10 inches apart. If you want to automate your raised bed drip irrigation system, a Hose End Timer (DD-DWT673) can be purchased separately.
Maximum Flow Rate Required when kit is fully installed (all drippers and/or soaker hose): Starter Kit: 55 gph, Medium Kit: 150 gph, Large Kit: 165 gph, Extra Large Kit: 220 gph, Jumbo Kit: 325 gph (2 circuits)
You will attach a Y Ball Valve, Hose Vacuum Breaker, Filter, and Pressure Regulator to the faucet or garden hose. The supply line is 1/2” Solid Drip Tubing and is run into each raised bed. Drip emitter tubing is installed in rows about 10 inches apart in the planter boxes. You are not limited to 4 ft x 8 ft boxes, but keep in mind that the maximum run length for the 1/4” drip emitter tubing with 6” emitter spacing is 19 linear feet. The max run for the 12” emitter spacing is 33 feet.
When watering individual plants in your raised bed garden with drip irrigation emitters, small plants will get one 1/2 gph drip emitter. Larger plants (or vegetables requiring more water) should get two 1/2 gph emitters. We’ve included stakes for the 1/4” and 1/2” tubing. 1/2” Flow Control Valves allow you to adjust (or shut off) the water flow to sections of 1/2” main line tubing.
Roll the tubing out in the sun to soften. Weigh it down and let the sun heat the tubing. This will make it easier to work with.
Step one: Connecting to the Hose Bibb
- Screw the Y Ball Valve (DD-YBV75) onto the hose bibb (faucet).
- Screw the Hose Vacuum Breaker (DD-HVB) onto the Y Ball Valve. Note: If you have purchased an optional Hose End Timer (DD-DWT673) screw it onto the Y Ball Valve first. Then attach the Hose Vacuum Breaker to the Hose End Timer.
- Screw the Filter (DD-YS75HFM) onto the Hose Vacuum Breaker.
- Screw the Regulator (DD-HPR20) onto the Filter.
- Screw the Direct-Loc Swivel Adapter (DL-FHS600) onto the regulator.
Step Two: From the Hose Bibb to the Raised Bed
- Attach 1/2” Drip Tubing (DD-DH700) to the 1/2” swivel adapter and run it to each raised bed.
- Use 1/2” Direct-Loc Elbows (DL-L600) to make 90 degree turns and 1/2” Direct-Loc Tees (DL-T600) to create lateral lines as needed.
- Add Direct-Loc Threaded End Caps (DL-EC600) to the ends of 1/2” drip tubing. Leave the caps off for flushing.
- Secure the 1/2” drip tubing to the walls of the planter box with Drip Tubing Mounting Clips (DD-MC700B).
- You will add the drip emitter tubing after the lines have been flushed (end of Step Three).
- Direct-Loc Couplings (DL-C600) are used to connect 1/2" solid drip tubing or for repairs in 1/2” tubing that goof plugs can’t handle.
- The larger kits include one or more 1/2” Flow Control Valves (DD-FCV700). Use these to shut off sections of your drip system or individual raised beds. For more flexibility, buy an extra Flow Control Valve for each raised bed.
- Run 1/2” solid tubing inside one end of the raised bed. This will be the “manifold” which supplies water to individual lines of 1/4” Drip Emitter Tubing (DD-DET250-6-100, DD-DET250-12-100).
Step Three: Installing Drip Emitters
- Use a 1/2” Direct-Loc Tee (DL-T600) to create lateral line the runs to the plants.
- Run the 1/2” drip tubing as close to the plants as possible.
- Secure the drip emitter tubing in place with 8” Wire Stakes (DD-S8).
- At each plant use the Deluxe Hole punch (DD-HP250) or the Super Hole punch (DD-SP250) to poke a hole in the 1/2” tubing and insert a 1/4” barbed elbow (DD-L250) or 1/4” barbed connector (DD-C250).
- Cut a length of tubing that will run from the 1/4” barbed fitting to the plant and push it over the end of the barbed fitting.
- Stake the 1/4” tubing in place with a Micro Tubing Holder Stake (DD-S2). Complete this step for each plant before moving on to the next step. Turn on the water and FLUSH THE LINE until all lines are clear of debris. Replace the 1/2” threaded end caps at the ends of the 1/2” drip tubing. Don’t forget to replace end caps in the raised beds.
- After flushing the lines, insert a Deluxe Pressure Compensating Emitter (DD-PCP5) into each micro tube.
- 1/4” Connectors can also be used to connect lengths of 1/4” tubing. Damaged tubing can be repaired by making clean cuts and then connecting with a 1/4” connector.
- Goof Plugs (DD-GP) are used to plug holes in 1/2" drip poly tubing or cap off 1/4" micro tubing.
- Turn on your system and check each emitter for water output. Keep in mind that you want to balance the amount of water delivered to individual plants with that delivered to each raised bed (next step)
Step Four: Installing Drip Emitter Tubing in Raised Beds
Drip Emitter tubing has emitters inside the tubing at set intervals. In raised beds, we recommend spacing the 1/4” drip emitter tubing in rows about 10” apart. You are not limited to 4’ x 8’ boxes but keep in mind that the maximum run length for the 1/4” drip emitter tubing with 6” emitter spacing is 19 linear feet. The max run for the 12” emitter spacing is 33 feet. Use 6” spaced tubing with plants that are closer together.
- Poke holes about every 10” along the solid tubing you installed earlier and insert a 1/4” connector or 1/4” elbow.
- Connect the 1/4” drip emitter tubing to the barbed fitting. Tip: Cut every other length of drip emitter tubing so that the emitters are staggered, forming a triangle pattern. This provides better coverage.
- Insert a Goof Plug (DD-GP) into the end of the 1/4” drip emitter tubing. You have extra goof plugs to cap off additional sections of 1/4” tubing and plug holes in 1/2” drip tubing (if needed).
- Secure the drip emitter tubing in place with 8” Wire Stakes (DD-S8).
- Turn on the system and record how long it takes to saturate the soil in the bed. The idea is for each plant and raised bed to receive enough water during the same time period.
- If you have purchased an optional Hose End Timer (DD-HEDT) set the watering time accordingly. The number of watering days will depend on your plants’ watering requirements.
If you live where it freezes, it is a good idea to drain the water from your drip lines and the components connected to the water source. Here’s how:
- Turn off the hose bibb.
- If you have a hose-end timer installed, let the system run through a watering cycle. This will open the timer and let any remaining water drain out of the timer and other components & into the drip tubing.
- If you do not have a timer installed, unscrew the drip system from the hose bibb for a few minutes to let air into the line. Reattach the line after a minute or two.
- Note: We do not recommend blowing compressed air though a drip system.
FLUSH THE LINE ANUALLY
Since drip systems operate at low pressures, sediment can settle in the line over time.
- Flush the line annually by unscrewing the end cap at the end of the line.
- Check filter screen for debris and clean if necessary.
- Turn on the hose bibb until the water runs clear from the end of the line.
- Replace the cap.
- Turn on the hose bibb and check the entire system for leaks.
REPAIR BREAKS & LEAKS
- Small holes in the line can be plugged with a goof plug.
- For larger breaks or holes in the 1/4” drip tubing, make a clean cut around the damaged area and reconnect the lines with a 1/4” barbed connector (DD-C250).
- For larger breaks or holes in the 1/2” drip tubing, make a clean cut around the damaged area and reconnect the lines with a 1/2” Direct-Loc coupling (DL-C600).
DRIP IRRIGATION TUTORIALS
Visit our website for more tips, tricks, and expert advice: http://www.irrigationdirect.com/expert-advice
Irrigation Direct Limited Warranty
Irrigation Direct warrants to the original purchaser that the Irrigation Direct Product(s) is/are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. The warranty coverage lasts for a period of three (3) years starting from the date of purchase. For details visit the warranty page on our website: http://www.irrigationdirect.com/warranty
The Irrigation Direct Guarantee
Our 100% satisfaction guarantee ensures that every item you purchase at Irrigation Direct meets your high standards—or you can return it for a replacement or refund. We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on the Irrigation Direct website. If you're ever dissatisfied with an item, contact us to return or exchange it.
Note: Based on 4 ft. x 8 ft. rasied planter boxes
- Waters up to 3 boxes and 10 plants.
- 10 Deluxe Pressure Compensating Emitters
- 1 - 1/4” Drip Emitter Tubing (12" spacing) - 100 foot roll
- Max run length for the 1/4” drip emitter tubing with 12” emitter spacing: 33 linear feet.
- A Hose End Timer (DD-DWT673) can be purchased separately.
- Need more of a particular item? Click the KIT PARTS tab above to add them to your cart.
Amazon EnviroDrip Basic Drip Irrigation Kit for Raised Bed Gardening, Drip Depot Basic Drip Irrigation Kit for Raised Bed Gardening, Drip Depot 160
All of the items below are included in the kit. If you need more of any particular item, you can add them to your cart from the list below.
Part #: DD-YBV75
Volume discounts 1 - 9 $1.90 10 - 24 $1.65 25 - 99 $1.40 100 + $1.20
Volume discounts 1 - 24 $2.50 25 - 99 $2.25 100 + $1.75
Part #: DD-YS75HFM
Volume discounts 1 - 5 $8.50 6 - 39 $6.25 40 - 399 $5.25 400 + $4.90
Volume discounts 1 - 11 $3.75 12 - 39 $3.25 40 + $2.75
Part #: DL-FHS600
Volume discounts 1 - 4 $1.00 5 - 24 $0.85 25 - 99 $0.75 100 + $0.65
Part #: DL-L600
Volume discounts 1 - 4 $1.00 5 - 24 $0.85 25 - 99 $0.75 100 + $0.65
Part #: DL-T600
Volume discounts 1 - 4 $1.50 5 - 24 $1.30 25 - 99 $1.20 100 + $1.00
Part #: DL-C600
Volume discounts 1 - 24 $0.60 25 - 99 $0.50 100 + $0.38
Part #: DL-EC600
Volume discounts 1 - 24 $0.65 25 - 99 $0.55 100 + $0.50
Part #: DD-DH700-50
Part #: DD-MC700B
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.20 50 - 99 $0.16 100 - 999 $0.12 1000 + $0.10
Part #: DD-HP250
Volume discounts 1 - 4 $3.90 5 - 24 $3.30 25 - 99 $2.70 100 + $2.25
Part #: DD-C250
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.09 50 - 99 $0.07 100 - 999 $0.05 1000 + $0.04
Part #: DD-L250
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.10 50 - 99 $0.07 100 - 999 $0.05 1000 + $0.04
Part #: DD-T250
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.10 50 - 99 $0.08 100 - 999 $0.06 1000 + $0.05
Part #: DD-DH250-50
Part #: DD-DET250-12-100
Volume discounts 1 - 4 $14.90 5 - 9 $13.90 10 + $12.50
Part #: DD-GP
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.06 50 - 99 $0.05 100 - 999 $0.04 1000 - 9999 $0.03 10000 + $0.02
Part #: DD-PCP5
Volume discounts 1 - 99 $0.26 100 - 999 $0.20 1000 - 2999 $0.17 3000 + $0.15
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.17 50 - 99 $0.15 100 - 999 $0.11 1000 + $0.08
Volume discounts 1 - 9 $1.70 10 - 49 $1.40 50 + $1.20
(note: the quantities above are not the same as the quantities included in the kit, see the "overview" tab to see the quantities that are already included)
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
$24.90 - $29.90