This kit contains everything you will need to connect to a hose bib (faucet) with a Y filter. For an inline filter, buy our DK-WSCI kit. From there you can buy a drip irrigation kit to water your landscape, garden, or containers.
You will attach a Y Ball Valve, Filter, Pressure Regulator, and Hose Thread Swivel to the faucet or garden hose. Note: Most new home construction codes require the installation of a hose vacuum breaker on all exterior faucets. If you do not have a hose vacuum breaker installed, you should purchase a Hose Vacuum Breaker and install it it between the Y Ball Valve and the filter.
A Hose End Timer (DD-HEDT) can also be purchased separately.
Need more of a particular item? Click the KIT PARTS tab above to add them to your cart.
Included in the Kit:
|1||Y Ball Valve (2 outlets) 3/4" Female Hose x 3/4" Male Hose||DD-YBV75|
|1||Y Filter 3/4" Female Hose Swivel x Male Hose 150 Mesh Stainless Steel Screen||DD-YS75HFM|
|1||Pressure Regulator 25 PSI - Hose Threaded 3/4" FHT x 3/4" MHT - High Quality Model||DD-HPR25-HQ|
|1||Direct-Loc Swivel Adapter .600 ID DL x 3/4" FHT Swivel - 700 or 710 Tubing||DL-FHS600|
Drip Irrigation Kit Installation Manual
Drip Irrigation System Water Source Connection Kit for Hose Bibb with Y Filter
This kit contains everything you will need to connect to a hose bib (faucet) with an inline filter. For an inline filter, buy our DK-WSCI kit. From there you can buy a drip irrigation kit to water your landscape, garden, or containers.
You will attach a Y Ball Valve, Filter, Pressure Regulator, and Hose Thread Swivel to the faucet or garden hose. Note: Most new home construction codes require the installation of a hose vacuum breaker on all exterior faucets. If you do not have a hose vacuum breaker installed, you should purchase a Hose Vacuum Breaker (DD-HVB) and install it.
If you want to automate your drip system, a Hose End Timer (DD-HEDT) can also be purchased separately.
Connecting to the Hose Bibb
- Screw the Y Ball Valve (DD-YBV75) onto the hose bibb (faucet).
- If your hose bibb does not have a hose vacuum breaker already installed, screw a Hose Vacuum Breaker (DD-HVB)(not included) onto the Y Ball Valve.
- Note: If you have purchased an optional Hose End Timer (DD-HEDT) screw it onto the Y Ball Valve first. Then attach the Hose Vacuum Breaker or filter to the Hose End Timer.
- Screw the Y Filter (DD-YS75HFM) on next.
- Screw the Regulator (DD-HPR25-HQ) onto the filter.
- Screw the Direct-Loc Swivel Adapter (DL-FHS600) onto the pressure regulator.
You are now ready to attach your drip poly tubing.
If you live where it freezes, it is a good idea to drain the water from your drip lines and the components connected to the water source. Here’s how:
- Turn off the hose bibb.
- If you have a hose-end timer installed, let the system run through a watering cycle. This will open the timer and let any remaining water drain out of the timer and other components & into the drip tubing.
- If you do not have a timer installed, unscrew the drip system from the hose bibb for a few minutes to let air into the line. Reattach the line after a minute or two.
- Note: We do not recommend blowing compressed air though a drip system.
FLUSH THE LINE ANUALLY
Since drip systems operate at low pressures, sediment can settle in the line over time.
- Flush the line annually by unscrewing the end cap at the end of the line.
- Check filter screen for debris and clean if necessary.
- Turn on the hose bibb until the water runs clear from the end of the line.
- Replace the cap.
- Turn on the hose bibb and check the entire system for leaks.
REPAIR BREAKS & LEAKS
- Small holes in the line can be plugged with a goof plug.
- For larger breaks or holes in the 1/4” drip tubing, make a clean cut around the damaged area and reconnect the lines with a 1/4” barbed connector (DD-C250) purchased separately.
- For larger breaks or holes in the 1/2” drip tubing, make a clean cut around the damaged area and reconnect the lines with a 1/2” Direct-Loc coupling (DL-C600).
DRIP IRRIGATION TUTORIALS
Visit our website for more tips, tricks, and expert advice: http://www.irrigationdirect.com/expert-advice
Irrigation Direct Limited Warranty
Irrigation Direct warrants to the original purchaser that the Irrigation Direct Product(s) is/are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service.
The warranty coverage lasts for a period of three (3) years starting from the date of purchase. For details visit the warranty page on our website: http://www.irrigationdirect.com/warranty
The Irrigation Direct Guarantee
Our 100% satisfaction guarantee ensures that every item you purchase at Irrigation Direct meets your high standards—or you can return it for a replacement or refund. We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on the Irrigation Direct website. If you're ever dissatisfied with an item, contact us to return or exchange it.
All of the items below are included in the kit. If you need more of any particular item, you can add them to your cart from the list below.
Part #: DD-YBV75
Volume discounts 1 - 9 $1.90 10 - 24 $1.65 25 - 99 $1.40 100 + $1.20
Part #: DD-YS75HFM
Volume discounts 1 - 5 $8.50 6 - 39 $6.25 40 - 399 $5.25 400 + $4.90
Part #: DD-HPR25-HQ
Volume discounts 1 - 11 $6.90 12 - 39 $6.25 40 + $5.00
Volume discounts 1 - 4 $1.00 5 - 24 $0.85 25 - 99 $0.75 100 + $0.65
(note: the quantities above are not the same as the quantities included in the kit, see the "overview" tab to see the quantities that are already included)
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
$1.75 - $2.50