This drip irrigation kit contains everything you will need to go from hose bibb (faucet) to your potted plants. Waters up to 10 flower pots, planter boxes, or hanging baskets. The number of containers is an estimate based on each container receiving one drip emitter. Larger containers should get two drip emitters. If you want to automate your drip system, a Drip Water Timer (DD-DWT673) can be purchased separately.
Maximum Flow Rate Required when kit is fully installed (all drippers): 5 gph
Maximum Run per single line of tubing: 50'
Need more of a particular item? Click the KIT PARTS tab above to add them to your cart.
Included in the Kit:
|1||3/4" Hose Thread Vacuum Breaker - Anti-Siphon Backflow Preventer - Plastic||DD-HVB|
|1||Hose Inline Filter 3/4" Female Hose x Male Hose 120 Mesh Poly Screen||DD-HIF75|
|1||Pressure Regulator 25 PSI - Hose Threaded 3/4" FHT x 3/4" MHT - High Quality Model||DD-HPR25-HQ|
|1||3/4" Hose Thread Swivel x 1/4" Barbed Adapter||DD-CHS250|
|1||1/4" x 50' Poly Micro Tubing (PE) - 50' Roll||DD-DH250-50|
|20||1/4" Tubing Mounting Clamp with Nail - Black||DD-MC250B|
|10||1/4" Barbed Tee||DD-T250|
|10||1/4" Barbed In-line Flow Control Valve||DD-FCV250|
|10||1/2 GPH Pressure Compensating Dripper-Emitter - Self Piercing Barb x 1/4" Barb Outlet||DD-PCP5|
|10||Micro Tubing Holder Stake 6" - Multiple sizes .167" to .350" OD||DD-S2|
|10||Goof Plug - Dual End 1/4" & 1/8"||DD-GP|
|10||1/4" Barbed Connector||DD-C250|
Drip Irrigation Kit Installation Manual
Drip Irrigation Kit for Container Gardening - Patios - Decks
- Starter Kit: 10 Containers (DK-CGS)
- Medium Kit: 30 Containers (DK-CGM)
- Large Kit: 60 Containers (DK-CGL)
This kit contains everything you will need to go from hose bibb (faucet) to your potted plants. It is designed to water groups of flower pots, planter boxes, and hanging baskets. The number of containers is an estimate based on each container receiving one drip emitter. Larger containers should get two drip emitters.
Maximum Flow Rate Required when kit is fully installed (all drippers): Small Kit: 5 gph, Medium Kit: 15 gpm, Large Kit: 30gph.
You will attach a Hose Vacuum Breaker, Filter, and Pressure Regulator to the faucet or garden hose. The supply line is 1/4” Solid Drip Tubing and is run to each container. Small containers (around 10”) will get one drip emitter and stake. Containers over 10” should get two drip emitters. We’ve included deck mounting clips for the tubing and 1/4” flow control valves for each container so that you can fine-tune (or shut off) the water flow to individual containers.
Roll the tubing out near the containers to soften. Weigh it down and let the sun heat the tubing. This will make it easier to work with.
Step one: Connecting to the Hose Bibb
- Screw the Hose Vacuum Breaker (DD-HVB) onto the faucet. Note: If you have the Large kit, begin with the Y Ball Valve (DD-YBV75).
- Screw the Filter (DD-HIF75) onto the Hose Vacuum Breaker.
- Screw the Regulator (DD-HPR25-HQ) onto the Filter.
- Screw the 1/4” Swivel Adapter (DD-CHS250) onto the Filter.
Step Two: From the Hose Bibb to the Containers
- Attach the 1/4” Drip Tubing (DD-DH250) to the 1/4” swivel adapter and run it close to the containers.
- The 1/4” mounting clips (DD-MC250B) will allow you to nail down the 1/4” tubing to decking fascia, underpinning, posts etc. so that it is safely tucked away. At each container, cut the tubing with scissors and insert a tee so that it points toward the top of the container.
Step Three: Watering Each Container
- Cut a length of tubing that will run from the 1/4 barbed tee to the top of the container.
- Insert a 1/4” Flow Control Valve (DD-FCV250) at the top of the container. This will allow you to regulate the flow of water to the drip emitter or shut off the water completely when the container is not in use.
- Cut a small length of 1/4” drip tubing to go from the flow control valve to the plant. Complete this step for each container before moving on to the next step. Turn on the water and FLUSH THE LINE until all lines are clear of debris.
- Insert a Deluxe Drip Emitter (DD-PCE5) into the end of the 1/4” drip tubing.
- Press the 1/4” tubing into the groove of the Micro Tubing Holder Stake (DD-S2) and push the stake into the soil next to the plant.
- Use a Goof Plug (DD-GP) to cap off the end of the 1/4” tubing. You have extra goof plugs to cap off additional sections of 1/4” tubing (if needed).
- 1/4” Connectors (DD-C250) can be used to connect lengths of 1/4” tubing. Damaged tubing can be repaired by making clean cuts and then connecting with a 1/4” connector.
- Turn on your system and check each pot for water output. Use the flow control valves to adjust flow to each container as needed. The idea is for each container to receive enough water during the same time period.
If you live where it freezes, it is a good idea to drain the water from your drip lines and the components connected to the water source. Here’s how:
- Turn off the hose bibb.
- If you have a hose-end timer installed, let the system run through a watering cycle. This will open the timer and let any remaining water drain out of the timer and other components & into the drip tubing.
- If you do not have a timer installed, unscrew the drip system from the hose bibb for a few minutes to let air into the line. Reattach the line after a minute or two.
- Note: We do not recommend blowing compressed air though a drip system.
FLUSH THE LINE ANUALLY
Since drip systems operate at low pressures, sediment can settle in the line over time.
- Flush the line annually by pulling out the goof plug at the end of the line or cutting it off and replacing after flushing.
- Check filter screen for debris and clean if necessary.
- Turn on the hose bibb until the water runs clear from the end of the line.
- Replace the goof plug.
- Turn on the hose bibb and check the entire system for leaks.
REPAIR BREAKS & LEAKS
- Small holes in the line can be plugged with a goof plug.
- For larger breaks or holes in the drip tubing, make a clean cut around the damaged area.
- Reconnect the lines with a 1/4” barbed connector.
DRIP IRRIGATION TUTORIALS
Irrigation Direct Limited Warranty
Irrigation Direct warrants to the original purchaser that the Irrigation Direct Product(s) is/are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service. The warranty coverage lasts for a period of three (3) years starting from the date of purchase. For details visit the warranty page.
The Irrigation Direct Guarantee
Our 100% satisfaction guarantee ensures that every item you purchase at Irrigation Direct meets your high standards—or you can return it for a replacement or refund. We want you to buy with confidence anytime you purchase products on the Irrigation Direct website. If you're ever dissatisfied with an item, contact us to return or exchange it.
- Waters 10 containers
- Connects to a hose bibb (faucet, spigot): All components included.
- 1/4" micro tubing mainline and lateral lines
- 10 pressure-compensating emitters
- 1/4" Flow control valve for each container
- 1/4" mounting clips to attach to decking, posts, etc.
- A Drip WaterTimer (DD-DWT673) can be purchased separately.
- Need more of a particular item? Click the KIT PARTS tab above to add them to your cart.
- Maximum Run per single line of tubing: 50'
Drip Depot 122 Standard Drip Irrigation Kit for Container Gardening, , Amazon Standard Drip Irrigation Kit for Container Gardening, , EnviroDrip Standard Drip Irrigation Kit for Container Gardening
All of the items below are included in the kit. If you need more of any particular item, you can add them to your cart from the list below.
Volume discounts 1 - 24 $2.50 25 - 99 $2.25 100 + $1.75
Part #: DD-HIF75
Volume discounts 1 - 9 $3.90 10 - 24 $3.40 25 - 199 $2.90 200 + $2.65
Part #: DD-HPR25-HQ
Volume discounts 1 - 11 $6.90 12 - 39 $6.25 40 + $5.00
Part #: DD-CHS250
Volume discounts 1 - 9 $0.75 10 - 24 $0.60 25 - 99 $0.50 100 + $0.40
Part #: DD-DH250-50
Part #: DD-MC250B
Volume discounts 1 - 99 $0.10 100 - 999 $0.07 1000 + $0.05
Part #: DD-T250
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.10 50 - 99 $0.08 100 - 999 $0.06 1000 + $0.05
Part #: DD-FCV250
Volume discounts 1 - 24 $0.60 25 - 99 $0.50 100 - 999 $0.35 1000 + $0.25
Part #: DD-PCP5
Volume discounts 1 - 99 $0.26 100 - 999 $0.20 1000 - 2999 $0.17 3000 + $0.15
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.17 50 - 99 $0.15 100 - 999 $0.11 1000 + $0.08
Part #: DD-GP
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.06 50 - 99 $0.05 100 - 999 $0.04 1000 - 9999 $0.03 10000 + $0.02
Part #: DD-C250
Volume discounts 1 - 49 $0.09 50 - 99 $0.07 100 - 999 $0.05 1000 + $0.04
(note: the quantities above are not the same as the quantities included in the kit, see the "overview" tab to see the quantities that are already included)
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
$24.90 - $29.90